Deadline for submission: Monday 1st July 2019
Notification of outcome to applicants: Monday 22nd July 2019
The DPH 2019 conference review panel welcomes submissions from colleagues across a wide range of
Your innovation can be submitted to one of the following categories:
- Best Partnership – How your innovation involved successful partnership and collaboration for mutual benefit
- Best Data-Driven Innovation – How your innovation used data in a way which is innovative and unique
All submissions must:
- be a maximum of 500 words
; bewritten in English;
- contain author names, affiliations, and email addresses;
- outline the product or service proposition and what is unique or innovative about it;
- outline how the innovation delivers valuable outcomes and impact for people/ patients;
- conform to the DPH conference publication policies;
How to submit
All submissions must be made via the online system. You will be prompted to create an ‘EasyChair’ account on your first visit if you do not already have one.
The DPH 2019 Innovation Prize panel will review submissions shortly after the closing date and applicants will be notified of the outcome by Monday 22nd July. Submissions will be assessed on a number of criteria including innovation excellence, originality, suitability for the conference scope and overall quality. Each submission is reviewed by at least two members of the panel according to the reviewing criteria.
Successful short-listed applicants will be invited to deliver a 5-minute pitch-presentation during the Innovation Prize showcase session (Thursday 21st November 2019). Prizes for each category will be awarded during the awards ceremony at the DPH 2019 Gala Dinner which will take place on the evening of Thursday 21st November. Please note: Applications to the DPH 2019 Innovation Prize will not be published in the ACM Digital Public Health 2019 proceedings but will be published on the DPH 2019 website.
It is the applicants’ responsibility to ensure that their application adheres strictly to the required format (see above) and complies with DPH publication policies. Applications that do not comply with the guidelines may be rejected without review. All shortlisted applicants are expected to register and pay for at least a one-day ticket and the DPH 2019 Gala Dinner.